Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Progress

Did some wiring today. There seems to be plenty of room (maybe a little too much) in the front of the tank, but there is very little space, even for wires, behind the tank. An inch back there would make clean wiring a snap.


It would also be amazing if there was a hole just beneath the power supply on the motherboard tray an also just behind the power supply on the top, so power chords could be hidden en route to devices kept out of the oil.



I also had to engineer a way to mount fans. I wish There were some threaded holes on the side brackets, 120 and 80 mm apart for fan mounting. I'm sure there is a better solution than the one I came up with.



Another little mod I did was the addition of a copper oil return that pulls the oil from the top, over the CPU.



Overall, I'm still very please. I need to know how to safely clean all the smudges off the system tray, for fear that I might damage some circuitry or the acrylic.

No comments:

Post a Comment