Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Finished the Radiator and Hood Buttons

The radiator is good-to-go and I'm fairly pleased with how it turned out. As planned the fans are controlled (3 at a time in 3 rows) by a 3 channel controller that can handle 30 watts per channel. The on/off lights are visible from the front and left side, and the knobs/buttons are easy to control. I wish there was a better way to hide the controller, but a 5.25 bay is too big and they don't make a small, finished-looking 3.5 enclosure.



The buttons were difficult because one of them didn't come with a wiring diagram. I think I have it wired correctly. They both work. I'm sure of the wiring for the power button, but the reset button didn't work until I switched some wires. Power button is illuminated at all times with an amber LED to match the temp sensors. The reset button's LED flashes with the drives to show activity. The LED in the reset button doesn't glow as bright. I think the power leads were connected wrong, damaging the LED. I wasn't sure which was + and which was -... Still don't... But they work...

2 comments:

  1. For the fans on the radiator, what are you using as a power source? I assume it isn't coming from the PSU in your aquarium PC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm using the molex power supply that puget sells as an option.

      Delete